Monday, May 10, 2010

I Am Really Dumb. Repeatedly.

I consider myself a pretty smart person, because I work hard and get good grades and mostly because I live a life of comparisons to others and most other people in this world are just nincompoops to the 8th power. But lately I've been thinking I'm a dummy bear, mainly because this situation keeps happening: I'm stretching out for a run, and I think, "Gee, I should really put some SPF on my face, now that I'm all high and mighty about the horrors of tanning and skin cancer and wrinkles blah dee blah." I ponder it for a moment, then shrug, thinking, "Whatever, I'm moving quickly, I'm never in one place long enough to need it."

I smile to myself, walk about two feet, then realize HELLO THE SUN IS EVERYWHERE. IT IS NOT A SPOTLIGHT ON YOU IN ONE PLACE. EVEN IF YOU MOVE, AND BOUNCE, IT IS STILL HITTING YOU.

DEAR ALLISON, YOU CANNOT OUTRUN THE SUN. LOVE, COMMON SENSE.

And then I feel ridiculous and hate myself a little and maybe this should have been tagged as "And Then I Cried" and guess what THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN AGAIN IN TWO DAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment