Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Why I Love Being Alive

I had homemade garlic edamame with my salmon pasta for lunch. I needed to brush ma teefs. So I hastily grabbed my toothbrush, albeit a little too hastily, for somehow the brush flew out of my hand and landed bristles-up in the garbage. Now since I'm unemployed and the prospect of even buying a new toothbrush (I JUST opened this one last week!) makes me want to hide under my bed and cry, I immediately jumped to salvage the toothbrush from the can (just replaced the bag yesterday, the only contents in it were the eyeshadows I threw away in a typical pre-move "cleanse my life!" episode, and it landed bristles-up, OKAY?), yet while attempting to do that, I somehow knocked the toothbrush holder into the pee-filled toilet (I fiercely obide by the 'if it's yellow, leave it mellow' rule- San Diego is seriously drought-ridden, people [person- hey Maddie!]).
So I made the "oh, life" face that Kevin makes in Home Alone as his grocery bags simulatenously rip and his Kraft mac n cheese and orange juice that he had a coupon for slam to the ground, then laughed at myself, which turned into fake crying/whimpering noises at my plight, which almost turned into real crying because heRO I'm moving away from my fiance and wonderful life here in just a few days and I may be losing my mind over it. But I think that's just normal. Right?
Then I ate more garlic edamame because honestly if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. And by that I clearly mean, if Joe is on duty anyway, why NOT smell like an Italian restaurant with 14-year-olds as cooks?

1 comment: