Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Joe Arrives Tonight!

When I flew to San Diego to visit Joe, I was very clear that I wanted to be met at baggage claim with flowers. Because I am needy and I like pretty things and feeling loved. And I will not let Joe give up on romance before we're even married. No way Joe-say. So when Joe arrives this evening, I, being the true wannabe feminist I...wanna be...thought, why NOT meet him at baggage claim with flowers? Why can't we get equal loving treatment?

And then I thought...

But what if he gets off the plane from China and he's with an Asian woman and omigod he's clearly with her and now I have to pretend the flowers are for her even though golly woops how would I have known she'd be with him as their newfound love is a surprise!!! And then somehow I'd get punched in the face. And my life is produced by Bright Kauffman Crane.

2 comments: