Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's that time of year again!

I proudly introduce my resolutions for 2010 (written in the second person, so Drill Sargeant Allie is yelling at resolution-failing Allie):

1) Stop eating when you're full, even though you have OCD and need to eat another 7 bites or leave food on the plate juuuust a certain way

2) Engage others when conversing. I.E. stop waiting around for other people to ask you questions about your life and nodding and smiling while they talk about things that are actually more important than the awesome bowl of soup you had for lunch.

3) Be less of a stingy tightwad. I.E. stop ordering your second choice on the menu because it's $1 less than the first choice

4) Make more of an effort socially. (This will be the hardest, because often I am much more inclined to put on sweats and watch a TBS marathon of the same movie three times in a row than actually send out inquiring text messages which will then most likely a) lead to feeling rejected when all friends are hanging out with their boyfriends or b)lead to putting on makeup (uggg) and meeting people in a public situation where it isn't acceptable to wear my hair in a huge clip stacked right on top of my head.)

5) Dwell less on stupid problems, as there are actually children who are indeed starving in Africa while you whine over having to research a report on health promotion theory.

6) MAKE EYE CONTACT WHEN TALKING TO PEOPLE. This is a rerun from last year. Changes were not acceptably incorporated into daily interactions :(

7) Eat less crap. A tortilla chip is still a tortilla chip even if it has organically-grown kalamata olives baked in. AND said tortilla chip is still unhealthy in quantities of FIFTY SEVEN CHIPS IN ONE HANDFUL.

8) Be less of a raging bitch and love more. (Mmm, always the trickiest. This could fall along the lines of my college resolutions, "Make people hate us less." And it always leads to an argument where people tell me I'm not a raging bitch and I have to admit that, yep, I am. Freshman year Nikki once told me I was the sweetest person she knew in the dorm and I think I laughed out loud. Me being the sweetest person in the dorm = we have spoken once and that consisted of "Hi, I'm Allie, where are you from?" or we have never been in the presence of a fat or ugly person together.)

But I can do it this year. THIS IS CONQUERABLE. See you in 2010, 4 readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment