Friday, March 19, 2010

To a man in the streets but a freak in the bed

I think I respect Ludacris the most of anyone ever...in the world. Only because of the way he insists on loudly introducing himself before he cuts in on any song. Seriously. Whether it’s “Heeeeeeey LUDA! (watch out for outfits ridiculous…)” or just the no-frills “LUDA!” in Justin Bieber’s newest chart topper, he makes himself known. I was thinking of this last night when I was in bed waiting to fall asleep (in retrospect, mentally singing along with rap songs doesn’t do much to lower the heart rate…), how weirdly jealous I am and how much I wish I could do it myself. Then I imagined this scenario: I raise my hand to contribute to the discussion in class, get called on and, “ALLISON! So I completely agree with Phoebe’s points but would also add…” and I think I laughed myself to sleep. God, everyone would think I had Tourette’s. Or Aspergers. Or something else other than a deep, heartfelt respect for the one, the only, Ludacris.

No comments:

Post a Comment