Monday, January 18, 2010

Of Bayside and Geometry

Before I begin this entry, I must describe the events of this morning. I turned on the glorious 13-incher, hopped on the elliptical, and gasped. ON TBS THERE WAS AN EPISODE OF SAVED BY THE BELL THAT I HAD NEVER SEEN BEFORE. Honest. I take pride in having seen every godforsaken episode of SBTB- the ones from the beach club at least 5 times a pop- and had to swallow my pride as I comfortably worked at a no-incline level 2 and watched in a daze as Slater quit the wrestling team because he knew he couldn't make a career out of it and would eventually be over the hill, so he joined the cooking club, but Zack HAD to get Slater to wrestle and beat Niedec (from Valley obvi- there are only ever two teams in that conference) on Friday or he'd get his FACE RIDDEN THROUGH THE DIRT. This begs the question: What other episodes haven't I seen?!?! And why aren't there any other teams in the Los Angeles area? I may have to go to the official web site and read every episode synopsis to make sure I retain my bragging rights. Goodbye, productive Tuesday.

#1 on my to-do list yesterday was to call a woman whose last name is Quackenbush. I repeat. Quackenbush. Every time I go to dial her number, I have to stop. And laugh. And die a bit inside (of jealousy. Because that isn't my last name.) So at this point I'm physically incapable of taking this important step in my work. This is almost as bad as last Thursday, when Henry asked me to cut his toast into triangles and I basically stared at a plate of toast for 5 minutes, totally perplexed and stalling until I could wrap my head around how to get A SQUARE into TRIANGLES. I ended up cutting it simply in half, straight down into two smaller squares, and hoping for the best. Because he's 2 and not a heartless dictator, he either didn't notice or went easy on me. I don't know what I'll do next time...

1 comment:

  1. The Foster Walker ComplexJanuary 20, 2010 at 10:46 AM

    You have to hypontenize that stuff. Come on.

    ReplyDelete