Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Soooorry I can't be perrrrfeeeect

I think my biggest flaw is expecting every juncture of my life to be greeted with a medal ceremony. Example: today I was bored and had time to kill in the city- but not enough time to do anything like think of a museum to visit (hard without an Internet-enabled phone in these trying times) then visit said museum, or see a show, or find a homeless person and give him/her a dollar to rebalance the world after Cecily threw it out of orbit when a homeless man gave her a dollar last November- so I decided to take a bus instead of the subway and then walked the remaining 40 blocks to class. The whole time I'm thinking WAHOO LOOK AT ME I'M WALKING 40 BLOCKS GO ALLIE GO ALLIE! and kept thinking of ways I could bring it up to grad school friends (haha jk I have none)/my mom on the phone when I called her for no reason but to brag that I walked 40 blocks/random strangers because omg 40 blocks is a huge deal! Note to Allison: no one gives a shit. You don't get curtsies for having no life and thus hoofin' it. Go donate money to earthquake relief.

Well that would be my biggest flaw if I wasn't so lazy. I am in a pickle because there are 3 courses I could potentially take to fill up my schedule this semester, and one is clearly the topical standout (Health Promotion for Children/Adolescents) and relevant for my future desired work, but the amount of reading/paper assignments is just off-putting in a way that makes me want to vomit/strangle kittens. The second option is also relevant (patient-provider communication strategies), yet is taught by the same professor as my required Thursday night class, and she's dull and dry (although a fairly easy grader. Ahh! I gave away the punchline of ma flaw!) and I just don't think my entire classroom experience with only her this semester would keep me off a rooftop ledge (brandishing a strangled kitty? Sup with the drama?). And her class, although less work than option 1, is still intense and involves creating a brochure. Option 3 is health promotion for college students, which I find quite interesting, BUT it's only offered online. I'm already taking an online course on HIV Education, and I feel like I'm shortchanging myself taking two online courses when I live close enough to school and enjoy being on campus. However, the topics for option 3 are quite interesting, and the workload is much lighter than the other options. So we've hit the nail on the head here: What's my other flaw? I AM A LAZY BASTARDO (!!! Titanic smokestack falls on my head. Too soon?) WHO ALWAYS TAKES THE EASY WAY OUT (IN)! Although any guidance in Class Selection 101 would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment