Monday, October 19, 2009

Scenes From My House

"SHELL!! SHELL!!!!"" Dad screams from the den. Mom has taken Dodger for a walk, so I race to the scene. In 6th grade he had a mild stroke so naturally I worry something's gone terribly wrong if he's screaming like that. Even though the stroke symptom he presented at the time was...inability to make noise.
Anyway, I run in and tell him she's walking Dodger, but is he ok?!?
"Yeah I'm fine," he says, flipping the channel on the remote. "I just wanted her to stop paying attention to you and come back and pay attention to me."

Hey, one time senior year I made a joke and then immediately fell out of a chair which made Maddie projectile spit her drink all over the living room, but WHO SAYS living with parents isn't just as much fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment