Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hands up, baby hands up, water drips down dripping dripping drips down dripping dripping

Today I spent a solid 5 minutes feverishly tearing my room apart looking for my towel. Only to discover it was on my head. Time I will never, ever get back...anyway

I have a serious bone to pick with a) the people in charge of paper towel placement in public restrooms and b) the giant bumblebee climbing the inside of my window at present. There's not much I can do about either, but the paper towels make for a better story, so here goes:

WHAT THE FUCK?! I understand I'm smaller than the average human, but anyone who isn't a legal giant (haha...imagine having to legalize your giant status, poor Hagrid...God I'm a dork) has to lift their arm up at a 90 degree angle to reach for the paper towels. What happens then? Oh. Water drips down your arms. Sometimes, in a rush, a lot of water drips down. Pours, even. Because I might be physically incapable of properly washing my hands, BUT that's neither here nor there.

This is more of a problem in the winter, when long sleeves are involved, and then the sleeves are soaked for a good hour after (and NO I refuse to roll up my sleeves. Sometimes they wont roll, like button downs. Or puffy jackets. OKAY?). Now I can just use said paper towel to dry off my arm, but I'll still bitch and moan about it. Because at an institution of higher learning- cough cough Teachers College cough- someone should have been smart enough to kindly instruct paper towel dispenser installers to EASE UP on the height. The end.

2 comments:

  1. I'm crying and making strange noises in my cubicle because of this post. Thanks for making me look like a freak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In college, I literally had classes on this stuff in college. That's awful product design, and you make an awesome point that I'd never thought of - and I go around actively looking for that stuff. I have books on my shelf talknig about bad design, and no one ever mentioned that one.
    I'm literally going to send this post to an old professor of mine who teaches this stuff. Well done!

    Tom C.

    P.S. I also have to mention, you're hilarious.

    ReplyDelete