Friday, April 9, 2010

Update x2

In I Am Charlotte Simmons lots of things annoy me and make me want to throw the book at the wall or just stop reading it, which I can't, because I'm OCD and also because despite how much I hate it I do sort of wonder what will happen to ALL THESE ABHORRENT PEOPLE. Brief examples of things I hate (uh oh, dissertation sneak peak!): Wolfe's constant use of the words hide, brute, fannies, cretin, rhinal cavity, solar plexus, etc etc. But nothing bothers me more than when he describes sex with the noise "rut rut rut." Who does Tom Wolfe have sex with? The Little Engine That Could?

God that drives me nuts. Like makes my arm hairs shoot up and my nostrils flare and make me want to throw a pizza in Mr. Wolfe's face.

I have to go pierce myself with forks now to refocus.

No comments:

Post a Comment